1) Better, faster, more widely available testing of COVID-19 infection and antibodies.
2) Adequate supplies of effective masks for everyone who is out in public.
3) Financial support for folks who are at high risk and aren’t able to do their job.
4) A treatment that reduces lethality and permanent injury from infection.
5) And, ultimately, both a vaccine that works and broader herd immunity.
Right now, we have NONE of these things. So this is simply going to take time.
However, folks are also increasingly realizing that there is a larger issue in play: that we may not really want to “go back” to what we had before, and instead have an opportunity to address some pretty nasty systemic problems. Here is a great article about this:
We Are Living in a Failed State
My 2 cents.
TrackbacksTrackback specific URI for this entry
This link is not meant to be clicked. It contains the trackback URI for this entry. You can use this URI to send ping- & trackbacks from your own blog to this entry. To copy the link, right click and select "Copy Shortcut" in Internet Explorer or "Copy Link Location" in Mozilla.
The author does not allow comments to this entry