2. Because he accumulated tremendous political and interpersonal influence over time.
3. Because he inspired people to act on principle, instead of accepting the status quo.
4. Because he was willing to take tremendous personal risks to advance the freedoms of others.
5. Because he arose as the figurehead of an era for a national movement - he was at the right place at the right time - and he bore that burden with grace.
6. Because he was an eloquent and inspirational speaker.
7. Because, like Gandhi, he was able to do all of this without violence; he was a man of peace, but he moved mountains where others could not.
8. Because he did not give up. Ever.
From Quora: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-MLK-so-admired/answer/T-Collins-Logan
TrackbacksTrackback specific URI for this entry
This link is not meant to be clicked. It contains the trackback URI for this entry. You can use this URI to send ping- & trackbacks from your own blog to this entry. To copy the link, right click and select "Copy Shortcut" in Internet Explorer or "Copy Link Location" in Mozilla.
The author does not allow comments to this entry